Image courtesy of: Yahoo
Former Australia leg-spinner Stuart MacGill is suing Cricket Australia for more than $2.6 million after he issued a writ at the Victorian Supreme Court on Monday.
MacGill claims that he is owed more than $1.6 million in match payments and prize money and in excess of $984,000 in interest and costs.
“We are aware of the media reports but aren’t in a position to comment further,” a Cricket Australia spokesman said.
What MacGill claims Cricket Australia owe him:
- Tour payments for 15 away test matches worth A$846,000
- Tour payments for 11 home game test matches worth A$140,800
- Retainer payments at A$297,000 for 52 weeks.
- Retainer payments at A$333,000 for 52 weeks.
- Prize money for nine test series at A$27,000