Sarwan pulls out of Professional Cricket League four-day competition

Sarwan did not represent Trinidad and Tobago in their opening match against Barbados

Sarwan did not represent Trinidad and Tobago in their opening match against Barbados

Image courtesy of: ESPNcricinfo

Former West Indies batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan has pulled out of the Professional Cricket League four-day competition due to personal reasons.

Sarwan was signed by Trinidad and Tobago as their overseas player since he failed to be selected by Guyana, which is where he hails from.

Sarwan missed Trinidad and Tobago’s opening match against Barbados last week and is also expected to be unavailable for their next match against the Leeward Islands, which gets underway on November 21.

As a result of this, the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board have announced that they are considering finding a replacement for Sarwan.

“The T&TCB said it is their sincerest hope that the former West Indies Test player can resolve the issues he currently faces with a view to his possible return for T&T in the Nagico Super50 limited-overs regional tournament in January,” the board said via a release.

Leave a Reply