Image courtesy of: ESPNcricinfo
India pace bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar has won the Polly Umrigar Award, which is given to the player of the year, for the 2013-14 season.
Kumar received the award mainly due to his efforts during India’s disastrous Test series against England, which they lost 3-1. During that series, Kumar scored 247 runs, which included three half-centuries, at an average of 27.44 and took 19 wickets, which included two five-wicket hauls, at a brilliant average of 26.63.
Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar will receive the CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award for his illustrious career, during which he was part of the 1983 team that tasted World Cup glory. He also became the first batsman to score three centuries against England at Lord’s and was the second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to represent his country in 100 Tests.
Jammu and Kashmir all-rounder Parvez Rasool has been named best all-rounder in the 2013-14 Ranji Trophy, while Karnataka’s Vinay Kumar won the best all-rounder in the domestic limited-overs competitions.
Kedar Jadhav, who amassed 1,223 runs, won the Ranji Trophy leading run-scorer award, while Rishi Dhawan, who claimed 49 wickets, picked up the Ranji Trophy leading wicket-taker award.
India batsman Smriti Mandhana, who is only 18-years-old, was named best woman cricketer.
All the awards will be given out on November 21 in Mumbai.
- Polly Umrigar Award: Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award: Dilip Vengsarkar
- Lala Amarnath Award for best allrounder in Ranji Trophy 2013-14: J&K’s Parvez Rasool
- Lala Amarnath award for best allrounder in domestic limited-overs tournaments: Karnataka’s Vinay Kumar
- Madhavrao Scindia Award for most runs in Ranji Trophy 2013-14: Maharashtra’s Kedar Jadhav
- Madhavrao Scindia Award for most wickets in Ranji Trophy 2013-14: Himachal Pradesh’s Rishi Dhawan
- MA Chidambaram Trophy for best Under-25 cricketer: Maharashtra’s Rahul Tripathi
- MA Chidambaram Trophy for best U-19 cricketer: Hyderabad’s B Anirudh
- MA Chidambaram Trophy for best U-16 cricketer: Punjab’s Shubham Gill
- MA Chidambaram Trophy for best woman cricketer: Smriti Mandhana
- Best umpire in domestic cricket: Anil Chaudhary