Image courtesy of: St Lucia News Online
Agard was pronounced dead on arrival to the hospital
A St Lucia Zouks cricket fan died during the franchise’s match against the Antigua Hawksbills after he was electrocuted in the stands.
According to reports, Julian Agard was electrocuted in the vicinity of the Laborie/Soufriere stands at the Beausejour Ground in St Lucia at around 10.30pm local time.
Agard, who was a former policeman, basketball coach and member of the St. Lucia Youth Council, was pronounced dead on arrival to the hospital.
The Zouks ended up losing the match by 33 runs and the Hawksbills finally attained their first win in the inaugural edition of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL).