Razzaq was infuriated after only playing in one match throughout the entire World Twenty20
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have handed all-rounder Abdul Razzaq a showcause notice, and want him to explain the comments he made about captain Mohammad Hafeez after being left out of the squad for the Inernational Cricket Council (ICC) World Twenty20 semi-finals against Sri Lanka.
Razzaq lashed out at Hafeez for only selecting him in one game throughout the entire tournament.
“It was Hafeez’s decision not to pick me for the semi-final, not anyone else’s, I know the team management didn’t drop me, it was Hafeez alone who didn’t want me to play,” Razzaq said.
PCB spokesman Nadeem Sarwar confirmed that Razzaq had been handed a showcause notice, and that he still had to follow the code of conduct even though he was not a centrally contracted player.
By speaking to the media without consent from the PCB, Razzaq breached the code of conduct, which forbids players to talk to press without getting authorisation from the PCB.
Speaking exclusively to ESPNcricinfo, Sarwar said: “He [Razzaq] has been served a showcause notice for breaching the code of conduct, he has been given seven days to respond, starting from October 10.”
Razzaq was selected in the Pakistan squad for the first time in nine months after he had played in numerous domestic Twenty20 tournaments around the world.
In his only match of the World Twenty20, Razzaq made 22 runs off 17 balls in Pakistan’s win over Australia in the super 8 stages.
“I was very sad and disappointed to not get a chance to play in the semi-final. I was mentally prepared for the big match and it came as a huge letdown to know I was not playing,” Razzaq said.

